This is the perfect year to think about a winter/festive break on our beautiful island of Islay in Scotland and get away from it all. We can’t think of a better way to spend some precious time all wrapped up whilst you hunker down in our beautiful self-catering accommodation in front of the fire.
Our wee house or big house make the ideal winter hideaways and sublime places to spend Christmas or Hogmanay in style. Imagine winter walks along the Islay shoreline after a fabulous dinner & drinks to blow the cobwebs away, or sitting looking out across the bay with a hot toddy in hand.
As part of that, we have created a winter checklist of things to not forget when you are planning any Christmas getaway to the island & we look forward to welcoming you.
Festive Getaway Checklist:
1. Gifts for your family – No.1 on the list for sure!
2. Clever selection of clothes – mix and match, you want to be comfy and warm to enjoy the fresh island air, but also dress it up when you feel like it, especially for Christmas & Hogmanay, be clever with your packing and include items that can be layered and accessories such as belts, scarves and jewellery to jazz it up when necessary.
3. Festive food, drink & treats – as well as the essentials for self-catering living, bring all the goodies you need to ensure you have a great feast & treat yourself.
4. Seasonal Tunes – We have an awesome Sonos sound system in both houses, so don’t forget to bring your ready-made Christmas playlists to keep the family entertained.
5. A smile – it’s been a tough year, so enjoy the amazing time you are about to spend.
6. …and probably most important – for the kid’s gifts…don’t forget the batteries as Santa will be having a day off after all that hard work on Christmas eve!